Why Northeast Kingdom Running Camp? Here are thirteen reasons why we think you’ll love NKRC in Lyndonville, Vermont.
- Miles and miles of safe, scenic running. We keep things fresh with a mix of on-campus trail running and bus rides to incredible destination runs. The optional post-run creek soak? That’s just icing on the cake.
- A safe, beautiful campus set in Vermont’s Northeast Kingdom—named by the National Geographic Society as the most desirable place to visit in the country.
- All-star counselors who know the campus, know the running venues, and love sharing the Lyndonville running camp tradition with campers.
- A brand new curriculum for today’s camper: interactive breakout sessions, instruction from on-staff PhD candidates (nutrition, biomechanics, and sports psych), and a mix of time-tested and cutting-edge training techniques to help you run your best.
- Exclusive use of the Lyndon State College campus throughout both camp sessions.
- A program built around the things that make a great running camp experience, rather than those that just make a great running camp brochure. This helps us deliver the best camp experience at the lowest possible cost; we pass the savings on to campers and their families.
- Great recreation facilities, including dorm lounges, soccer fields, a beach volleyball court, theater, and “The Hex,” a centralized courtyard perfect for relaxing and meeting up with friends.
- Top-notch guest speakers, including Boston Marathon winner Amby Burfoot and nine-time NCAA DI All-American Nicole Blood.
- All-you-can-eat dining hall with options for everyone, including vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free. Salad bar? Check. Real Vermont maple syrup? You better believe it.
- The educational amenities of Lyndon State College, including its classrooms, state-of-the-art auditorium, and dedicated A/V staff.
- A well-marked meadow for pacing practice (we keep you off the track so you can prepare for actual cross country racing).
- An unbeatable location in the beautiful Green Mountains, blessed with perfect temperatures, views, and running venues. We offer charter bus service at cost and our full-week program makes the trip well worth it.
- The best nightly recreation program on the planet, led by seasoned college staff and expertly trained boredom-busters. You’ll laugh so hard your parents might have to sign a waiver. Your friends will take a photo of you doing something completely ridiculous, and it will be awesome.
Ready to join us in our inaugural summer? Register today!